West Penn Miata Club
November 20, 2017, 08:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Many thanks to everyone who made the 2017 Zooming Season such a success.  See you in 2018!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pressing Question that seems to be a mystery to most.....  (Read 281 times)
GHK

Email
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »

While I was at our club appearance at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix yesterday, a Miata owner, but not a member came up and asked a question that had us all scatching our collective heads and coming up with different answers.....the question was: "How do you clean out the troughs/tubes/channels that carry the water away from the back edge of the convertible top?" , i.e., the bottom edge below the back window? Never encountered the problem myself, but others said that, depending on the Miata model/year, that their is a trough or channel on either side of the convertible top down deep and not viewable that carries water away and there is a flap at the bottom of the channel that keeps road dirt from entering the trough/tube. Not sure if all this is correct, but want to know if anyone knows of the proper peocedure to clean these areas, secondly, do these channels differ in design among the four different Miata generations? Would appreciate any info/help on this issue....
Thanks, George Kniss
miatatoo

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »

Use a perk coffee pot brush used to clean the perk tube.  Just add a piece of coat hanger wire to make the perk brush long enough. The diameter is just right for the drain tube in the well below the top.  Making sure you clean out both sides.  this will help prevent that musty smell you will get from the moisture in the tubes.
Mark Tuite
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: