West Penn Miata Club
June 24, 2017, 07:58:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The 2017 Zooming Season is under way!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volant and Combine Bros Cruise  (Read 257 times)
Ron Hoffman

« on: April 12, 2017, 07:28:25 PM »

******THIS CRUISE IS FILLED.  NOT ACCEPTING ANYMORE RESERVATIONS******
Please join Pat and I on Saturday May 6th for the first drive of the “2017 Cruising Season” to Volant and a late-afternoon lunch.  Let’s meet at 11:30am at Sheetz, Store #277, 12000 Perry Hwy in Wexford (North Hills) so we can be on the road by around noon.  I am still not too familiar with all the roads around in SW PA (moving back to Westmoreland County from Erie last Spring) so I asked Linda Zimiliki to help me map out a route and she came up with cruise with lots of twists and turns!!  I guess this cruise should be rated “sporty”??

We will be heading first to the town of Volant by way of McConnells Mill State Park (including a covered bridge) for a 45-minute “pit stop”.  Volant (for those that have not been there before) is a quaint village town with lots of interesting shops and sits in the middle of Western PA Amish country.  There is a good possibility that the Amish will have booths set up along the main street.

We will then head out to Hermitage and Combine Bros. Bar and Grille  (www.combinebrothers.com) for lunch around 3:30pm.  Combine Bros. specialty is Italian and they feed you HUGE portions.  I suggest you bring along a cooler so you can take the left overs for the next two day suppers!!

Since this is our first cruise this year, it will be a good opportunity to get re-acquainted with one another and see what everyone has been doing since our Christmas party.  Because of seating arrangements at the restaurant (plus I’ve never led a cruise of more than eight cars with ten turns!!), I want to limit the number of cars to 12 and approximately 24 people.  Please RSVP to me, Ron Hoffman by email, rhoffman@westpennmiataclub.com or call me at 724-392-7932 if you will be joining us for this “sporty” cruise by Wednesday, May 3rd.  Hope to see you there!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:56:14 AM by Ron Hoffman » Logged
sundaze30

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »

Thanks Ron & Pat. This was a great if wet start to the cruising season. Some really interesting roads and a fantastic lunch stop at Combine Bros. Congrats on you 1st cruise as WPMC president.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: